Thursday, July 28, 2011

He Gives and Takes Away…

I debated on blogging about this circumstance that is going on in our lives right now. I felt like I needed to share/journal even the hard things in life.

Sadly to say, I was 11 weeks pregnant, and was not able to see the baby’s heartbeat on Monday. I ended up having a D&C that same day. I was planning on making the big announcement after the appointment that we were pregnant, but plans changed.  My heart grieves right now, and it makes me think of these words… The Lord gives and takes away. It makes me hug Quinn a little tighter and thank God for the precious gift he has already GIVEN me. I know ALL the statistics and ALL the facts about miscarriages and I HATE them. In a lack of better words…IT SUCKS. As a believer who believes in the word and has a relationship with the Lord; I am praying that I can put this verse into action and truly believe in it… “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.” Romans 8:28.  

Praying for this to be the attitude of my heart…..(Part of the “Blessed be your name” Song

You give and take away, You give and take away

My heart will choose to say

Lord, blessed be your name

Right now, I am loving this precious BLESSING! 

photo

4 comments:

Laura said...

So very sorry to hear this, Katie. We went through that a few years ago, and it does suck. But God is good and things do get better. It changed mine & Christopher's marriage for the better and brought us so much closer & stronger. We will be praying for you & Robby to get through this time together.
Laura Davison

Kristen said...

He truly does work all things for the GOOD. I am so sorry you had to go through this.

Anonymous said...

So sorry sweet friend. My heart is sad with you, but your attitude is great. Wish I had words, praying for y'all. -Rachel Fiedler

Amanda McD said...

Hey girl. I've been away from my computer, but I have been thinking about you. Praying!